Growing life pressures are causing a fundamental imbalance between our brains and our bodies. Life is constantly changing and things are challenging right now. Many people are feeling imbalanced. Are you one of them?
As a MindBody coach, part of my role is connecing my clients with resources. A healthy lifestyle is more than drinking smoothies and going to the gym. I’ve put together this list to help you with your health and wellness. My goal is to help you get optimized, simply by offering subtle shifts for your day to day life.
Ten Ways To Care For Your Wellness Every Day
1. When you feel overwhelm, pause. Stop what you are doing and take a breath. Repeat as needed
2. Choose or create an affirmation. “I am statements” are positive and instill confidence. Confidence has multiple potential benefits, including improved posture, openness to possibilities and willingness to try new things, decrease anxiety caused by worry and the list goes on!
3. Eat the rainbow, meaning eat a variety of vegetables. This will increase fiber, which helps with digestion.
4. Add seeds to your meals. Sesame, sunflower, and whatever other seeds are available to you.
5. Walk on the spot. Even if you are stuck in front of your computer, there’s nothing stopping you from standing up and walking, jogging, or even dancing on the spot to get your daily steps in.
6. Don’t reach for your phone first thing in the morning. Try to spend the first couple minutes of each morning reading or listening to something uplifting. This could be a story, podcast, or song.
7. Get outside for at least a few minutes each day. Take a couple deep, intentional breaths and notice how being outside affects you.
8. Stay hydrated. Know how much water you need. Space this out through your day. This will benefit all systems in the body, including your skin and digestion.
9. Avoid packaged foods. These tend to be high in salt and can include a variety of ingredients with little to no nutritional value. Have a treat now and then, and minimize your intake of premade foods.
10. Sleep! It’s the foundational piece that allows everything else to function at optimal. If you aren’t sleeping well, don’t settle for that! Find what works – reach out for support, join my Good Night Insomnia program, adjust your lifestyle. Do what it takes to get the best sleep possible.
Most of these ten items could be done right in this moment. I encourage you to pick one of them to do right now. After you’ve completed that, come back and read the rest of this post.
Great work! All it takes is one step to get started, and you didn’t even finish reading this before you took that step.
Here’s to your healthy lifestyle, which begins here: Wellness is your natural state.