What does sleep have to do with optimizing fitness? How does a bad sleep impact health and wellness negatively? These are important questions to both ask and answer. More importantly, these are questions to take seriously.
A good night’s rest impacts everything. How we function depends on how we sleep.
What Disrupts Sleep?
Many things can disrupt a good night’s rest, such as the wrong pillow, an uncomfortable temperature, noise or light. While the next day may be challenging, the hope is a good sleep will set everything right again. If one night extends to a week or more, life can become really challenging.
Here are some ways to set yourself up for a good night’s rest:
- Create relaxation in your room. Turn the lights down and close the curtains
- Turn off the t.v.
- Open your window to allow fresh air in
- Meditate or take a bath before bed
- Stop eating a few hours before bed
How Does Prolonged Sleeplessness Impact Us?
Prolonged sleeplessness impacts our health and our happiness. It’s difficult to pay attention, to be present, and to maintain our health and wellness. On average, an adult requires an average of seven to nine hours of restorative sleep every night. If you are getting less than this, you might experience one or more of these symptoms.
- Lack of sleep can lead to cognitive impairment like poor judgment and learning difficulties
- Sleep loss can cause lower work performances among employees
- Poor sleep quality can make a person more short-tempered, irritable and more prone to stress
- People suffering from insomnia are more likely to have mental illnesses like depression and anxiety
- Chances of weight gain and obesity increase when you have sleep deprivation
Sleep is considered the foundation of our health. Without proper rest, we cannot properly function. Day to day activities become almost impossible to accomplish, when we have not had a good night’s rest.
Identify Your Symptoms and Risk Factors
The life-changing blueprint I offer in my insomnia program will help you identify your own symptoms and risk factors of insomnia. Through my “virtual clinic,” you will discover effective night routines and healthy lifestyle changes for better sleep quality.
Through my program, Insominac: The Ultimate Sleep Therapy you will gain these benefits:
- Have deep, restorative sleep every night
- Eliminate your risk of premature death
- Massively improve your sleep quality
- Feel energized and refreshed when you wake up
- Regain control of your life and sleep patterns
You deserve to optimize your life by sleeping well. Become happy, healthy, and free from the burden of sleepless nights. Learn more about Insomniac: The Ultimate Sleep Therapy here.